Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Achemist Footswitch - How do i get one? 
elantric

I purchased a new Restock Alchemist head at Musiciansfriend on March 3, 2011 and it was missing the proprietary 4 button Alchemist foot switch.

After a three week run around with customer support at Musiciansfriend, and Line 6 , I'm now told "none Exist", and its impossible to buy one.

Does anyone have a used Alchemist footswitch in ANY condition they can sell me?

If its broken, I can fix it (I'm the former service Manager at Valley Arts Guitar)

==
I have registered my Amp with Bogner, created support tickets with Line6 and musicians friend.

Last week I spent two days on hold with the "1-818-575-3619 support line - 3 hours each day - finally got a warm body who told me these footswitches were in extremely short supply, but they would look around and get back to me - which they never did.

Today i have emails from MusiciansFriend telling me none are available:

"This email is to inform you that we have heard back from our warehouse about the footswitch for your Alchemist Series Tube Guitar Amp Head Restock. The factory restocks do not include the footswitches and unfortunately these have been discontinued by the manufacturer and we are not able to get a hold of them. We tried to find something that would work with it, sadly there were none. "

They also said I could send the amp back (on my dime) and seek a refund,

and all I got from Line 6 customer support was a dumb email "Customer satisfaction survery - which if i answered honestly, would probably reflect extremely poorly on the Line6 customer service reps ability to seek a raise.

If ANYONE can help me obtain an Alchemist footswitch - in ANY condition, shoot me a PM!

elantric

Musiciansfriend were useless in this matter.

As an existing Line6 customer, I finally got an Alchemist Foot Switch sent to me courtesy of the Line 6 support ticket system.

So I'm happy!
Smile